PROGRESS TOWARD TENURE REVIEW (PTTR)
The College PTTR policy is posted at http://policy.ku.edu/CLAS/progress-toward-tenure-review-CLAS.
2020–21 evaluation cycle, College instructions for preparation and submission of dossiers
posted October 1, 2020, by Ben Eggleston, Associate Dean for Administrative Affairs
The application forms for the Progress Toward Tenure Review process, as well as the primary, authoritative instructions for that process, are provided on the “Progress Toward Tenure Review” page at KU’s central Faculty Development website: http://facultydevelopment.ku.edu/progress-toward-tenure-review. The following instructions are specific to the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences. There are no major changes from last year’s instructions.
- The candidate (the faculty member undergoing the PTTR) should provide the required files to the candidate’s department (or primary unit, for faculty members with joint appointments) in accordance with the department’s procedure for evaluating PTTR candidates.
- The department should complete the initial-level evaluation document.
- The files should be copied to a secure cloud-storage service such as KU’s OneDrive for Business service.
- The department chair or other department officer should submit the files to the College Dean’s Office.
- The deadline for submission is 12 noon on Thursday, February 4, 2021.
- A link to the files on the cloud-storage site should be emailed to Jill Mignacca at email@example.com.
- Because the College Committee on Appointments, Promotion and Tenure will be conducting its work remotely, it is not anticipated that non-electronic elements of candidates’ dossiers, such as physical copies of books, can be accommodated.
- In years prior, some instructions stated that files should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email account will not be used in this process.
- Applications will be evaluated by the College Committee on Appointments, Promotion and Tenure (http://collegedean.ku.edu/resources/governance/ccapt).
Questions may be directed to: