Based on recommendations from the Dean’s Staff Advisory Board, the College is excited to announce the creation of the College Staff Excellence Awards. Each year, the College will hold a staff recognition reception at which we will announce awards of $1,250 to two exceptional College staff members. This year’s recognition ceremony will be Thursday, November 21 at 3:00 pm.
College Staff Excellence nominees should exhibit the following qualities: they have a strong work ethic, excel in their job duties, contribute to a positive and collegial work environment, and serve as a role model to the College and KU community in ways important to KU such as: adaptability, customer quality focus, inclusiveness, and innovation. This person must also meet the eligibility requirements listed below:
- Employee has worked a minimum of 1 year in a unit within the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Employee’s status is .75 FTE or higher
- Must be classified as staff (both classified and unclassified)
- Employee cannot have won the HR Employee of the Year in the last 5 years (if employee has won HR Employee of the Month, they are eligible for this award)
- Cannot be serving as a member of the Recognition and Awards workgroup.
Know someone who fits this description? You can nominate them here!
See the attached document for any questions about this award or eligibility. Still have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-864-6159.
Brought to you by the Recognitions and Awards Committee:
Morgan Baumann (workgroup chair)
Amanda Burghart (College Dean’s office representative)