Committee on Undergraduate Studies and Advising (CUSA)
Dean's Liaison: Associate Dean Holly Storkel, (785) 864-3661, email@example.com
College Advising & Student Services Liaison: Director Karen Ledom (785) 864-3500 firstname.lastname@example.org
Admin. Support: Rachel Schwien, (785) 864-1784, email@example.com
According to the Bylaws of the College Assembly » (Article VII.B.2), the Committee on Undergraduate Studies & Advising) shall:
- Review and recommend to the CAC and/or the CA for action on all proposals with reference primarily to undergraduate course and curricular change, program requirements (which include degrees, majors, minors, certificates) and educational policy and procedures. New majors, minors, degrees, or certificates, or deletions of the same, should be acted on individually. All other proposals should be considered as a whole.
- Review and forward to the University Core Curriculum Committee all proposals to include courses in the KU Core Curriculum for courses offered by departments/programs within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Review and accept for file statements of departmental honors requirements.
- Periodically review undergraduate degree requirements and the manner in which they may be satisfied, and, where appropriate, suggest to departments and programs that courses be modified so as to accomplish more effectively the goals for which the requirements were established.
- Review and make recommendations on undergraduate petitions requesting special relief from College or University rules when referred to them by College Student Academic Services, the dean and/or the dean’s designee, or by special request of the student.
- Respond to charges from the dean on matters including but not limited to undergraduate academic policy and procedure as well as advising.
- Make recommendations regarding undergraduate education including but not limited to policy and procedures as well as advising, to the dean, the CAC, and/or the CA.
|Buechner, Matthew||Molecular Biosciences||2021|
|Fourny, Diane||Humanities/French, Francophone, and Italian Studies||2020|
|Goodyear, Marilu||School of Public Affairs & Administration||2022|
|Hurst, Bob||Film & Media Studies||2022|
|Masterson-Algar, Araceli||Spanish & Portuguese||2022|
|Muddiman, Ashley||Communication Studies||2021|
Slusky, David (Chair)
The full committee of CUSA meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month during the academic year from 11:15-12:30 in room 210 Strong Hall when classes are in session. Subcommittee meet the first and third Tuesday of the month when classes are in session.
Policies & Procedures
- Bylaws of the College Assembly »
- Grievance Procedures »
- Misconduct Policy (pdf)
- University Governance website »
- 2019-2020 CUSA Member Notebook
- Submit new courses or edit and retire courses
- Submit new programs or edit programs (to submit new programs or edit programs (Majors, Minors, Degrees, or Certificates), you do not retire programs in this system)
- BGS Career Preparation Course Requirement Submission (if this is a new course then you will also need to submit a new course in the link above)
Undergraduate Certificate Information
A new certificate proposal should be submitted as a new program in the link above.
In order to obtain final governance approval of undergraduate-level course and program proposals in time for inclusion in the 2020-2021 catalog (which will go live in early April 2020), please submit your request via the CIM system no later than Tuesday, October 22nd (see links above).
While we will make every effort to include all approved submissions in the next catalog, we cannot guarantee that proposals will make it through all steps of the approval process in time if received after October 22nd.
- Policy and Awards Subcommittee
- Curricular Changes and Degree Requirements Subcommittee